Congratulations are in order … so bring ‘em on! I am now the proud recipient of a distinguished Kreativ Blogger award, my first blogging award ever! A big thank you to the lovely, talented and hysterically funny Kristen of Abandoning Pretense for nominating me (that she has supurb taste goes without saying!).
I’m thrilled and honored and as anyone who knows me could guess, also a little uncomfortable. You see, I have an insidious habit: I crave, long for and lust after kudos and recognition of any sort, yet once I receive any, I’m eager to kill any joy I experience. I call this charming tendency, Joy-Busting.
Here’s how I do it … cue the nasty little messages in my head: (So we’re clear, I’m only doing this for your edification.)
- This is the dumbest award ever; it’s essentially a chain-letter in disguise.
- Everyone knows this award is a joke and is laughing behind my back for being excited about it.
- I don’t deserve this.
- I have nothing to wear.
- I don’t have time to answer all these questions about myself and figure out how to put the award button on my blog.
- I’m better off if I just stop blogging altogether and clean the kitchen floor or watch a repeat of The Good Wife.
See how that works? Good. Now that we’ve gotten that out of the way, I’d like to try on some new behavior. Instead of downplaying this award, I’m gonna rock it!
Thanks for that. On to my award … Here’s how the Kreativ Blogger Award works:
- Thank and link back to the awarding blog. (see above)
- Answer seven questions. (see below)
- Provide 10 random factoids about yourself. (I didn’t think I’d come up with any, came up with 23 and am sharing 12. See below.)
- Hand the award on to 7 deserving others. (I don’t share well so I’m contemplating skipping this part. Cue Random Fact #7 below.)
What is your favorite song? I am clueless about music and have zero musical taste. That said, Johnny Cash’s A Boy Named Sue is a current fav cause my girls and I laugh whenever we hear it. I also love most any song by John Prine, Donna the Buffalo, Adele and the late Jimmy Dale Gilmore.
What is your favorite dessert? Anything I can mainline; chocolaty and rich preferred.
What do you do when you are upset? I cry at the drop of a hat. When I’m angry, I’m a big screamer and pillow beater. I have taught my kids how to scream to release anger and sometimes we do family screams, holding-hands style (be glad you’re not our neighbors). Check back for an upcoming series of posts I’m writing on this!
Which is your favorite pet? I love dogs, the smaller and yappier, the better. And monkeys. Perhaps a turtle.
Which do you prefer white or whole wheat? Whole wheat, baby! I’m mostly a healthy eater and carbs, cashew butter and cheese are my favorite food groups.
What is your greatest fear? That my daughters will grow up as co-dependent as I am. Is that fear good enough? Does everyone still like me? And rodents.
What is your attitude mostly? What’s with all of these insipid questions? My natural state is cranky, controlling bitch. (Surprisingly, my husband just volunteered to attest to this “factoid.”) I think I hide it well.
Ten Random Facts About Me:
- My current claim to fame is having sex with my husband in a Macy’s stairwell. This award is a close second!
- I’m a consummate eye roller. And I’m raising a second-generation, gifted eye roller.
- My favorite smurf is Grouchy and favorite dwarf is Grumpy.
- I adore my kids and often wish I could put them back in the toy box until the next time I want to play with them.
- I aspire to be high-maintenance and a diva. I think these characteristics would look good on me. (Again, my husband has volunteered to attest to this aspiration.)
- I’m addicted to Sport Tea and hoard gift cards and store credits.
- I’m terribly competitive, don’t share well and tend to have what I call a Grinchy Heart.
- I love Improv and have taken several classes with the inimitable, award-winning Improv teacher, Jimmy Carrane.
- At times I can see myself as charming, funny and adorable. Other times, not so much.
- I’m co-authoring a series of children’s books with my writing partner who pens the brilliant, insightful blog, Outlaw Mama.
- I own a red, tandem bicycle and a blue mountain bike – combined mileage = + or – 10 miles.
- I come from a long line of Martha Stewart clones and don’t have a cooking, decorating or sewing gene in my body. And no, I don’t have any feelings about this at all, damnit.
I don’t want to talk about it.I’m planning a future post on this also.
The Next Seven Recipients of the Kreative Blogger Award
I adore all of these blogs and their authors. A couple of these aren’t aware of my respect and admiration as I’ve been more of a
stalker secret admirer. Please visit them and show them some much-deserved love!
Cue the orchestra, my acceptance speech is running long … thanks again, Kristen!